Do you need financial support? Monash University is delighted to announce the Monash Juris Doctor Scholarship for Academic Excellence to support your education.
The scholarship is open to the postgraduate students who are enrolling or intending to enroll full-time as a Monash Juris Doctor student. The scholarship is available for Australian and international citizens.
User Review( vote)
Founded in 1958, Monash University is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. It has a number of campuses and also has a research and teaching center in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China.
- Application Deadline: 4 Nov 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to study the Juris doctor program
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship will be awarded worth up to $1000 and an additional $3000 & will cover the tuition fee
- Number of Awards: Variable depending on funding
- Nationality: Australian and international citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants who are Australian and international citizens are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Scholarship will be awarded for the postgraduate study in the Juris Doctor Program
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident, Australian humanitarian visa holder or an International student
- The applicant must be a commencing Monash University postgraduate student who is enrolled or intending to enroll full-time as a Monash Juris Doctor student, attending the Monash Law City Campus
- The applicant must completion, or are about to complete, an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification recognized for admission to the Monash JD program with a minimum GPA of 6.9/ 7.0 or LSAT score of above 170
- From one or more of Monash University’s defined equity or personal disadvantaged groups:
- Financial disadvantage
- Indigenous Australians
- Recent refugee
- Experiencing difficult circumstances
- From regional and remote areas of Australia
- Have a disability or long-term medical condition
To apply, submit your application directly to Monash. Applications are open now and closed on 4 Nov 2019.
How to Apply
The applicant can apply for the scholarship through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeaOTW5KWoKvUzVzcgpL23n8sb0rHdUjGPcnWLuQYMqD2SiA/viewform
The applicant must need to take admission for the scholarship.
Awarded on the basis of academic achievement.
- The scholarship will cover the tuition fees paid and $1000 pa for the minimum number of credit points required to complete the degree
- An Additional $3000 one-off payment to international students in their first year of study to contribute to travel and relocation costs
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time (48 credit points) study load
- You must maintain a credit average (60% or above) each semester