There are up to 300 scholarships available for high school seniors starting their studies in 2018-19. They are designed to reward US students who demonstrate the highest academic excellence and potential.
The aim of the scholarship is to support students who show commitment to both academics and diversity by excelling in the classroom and making a positive impact in their communities.
The Ohio State University commonly referred to as Ohio State or OSU is a large, primarily residential, public university in Columbus, Ohio.
- Application deadline: November 1
- Course Level: The programme is available for high school seniors.
- Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The Morrill Scholars Program (MSP) is the largest scholarship program of its kind, rewarding over 300 scholarships to high school seniors each year.
- Nationality: USA
- Number of Scholarships: Three hundred awards are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Diversity and inclusion themed workshops, lectures and service projects
- Graduate and professional school preparation courses and guidance
- Mentoring and tutoring to support your academic success
- Morrill Scholars Early Arrival Program
- ODI outreach and engagement projects on campus and in the community
- ODI leadership and service courses for credit toward the Leadership Minor
- Optional housing in the MSP Learning Community in Blackburn House
- Service trips and travel abroad opportunities
- Applicants can apply through the online processor.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Apply for admission to The Ohio State University by November 1.Note that the application and all required materials (application fee, test scores, transcripts, etc.) are due by that deadline. Visit osu.edu for more information.
- Step 2: On the application check the appropriate box that indicates your interest in being considered for the Morrill Scholarship Program and then complete the essay prompt.
- Step 3: Be sure to include leadership and diversity involvement on the activity list.