The University of Glasgow is offering 4 (four) fees-only scholarships for the academic session 2018-2019. The studentships are available for students wishing to take the MRes in Human Geography.
The University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. It was founded in 1451.
User Review( votes)
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: June 22, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing MRes programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Human Geography.
- Award: These opportunities are open to all applicants, Home/EU and ‘Overseas’, although University acknowledge that the £5,000 will go much further to cover the cost of a Home/EU fees than it will to cover the cost of an ‘Overseas’ fee.
- Nationalities: The studentships are open to Home/EU and overseas students.
- Number of Awards: There are four scholarships available.
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are open to Home/EU and overseas students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed – or will have completed by the end of June 2018 – an undergraduate degree in Geography or a related subject (eg. Environmental Studies/Science, Anthropology, Sociology, Political Science, History, Cultural Studies). They must normally have secured – or will secure – a 1st-class degree classification. There must be no legal reasons why they cannot be resident in the UK undertaking higher education.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
If you wish to be considered for option (2), one of the 3 x £5,000 scholarships tagged as SEC-facing, then in addition to the standard online application (which you may already have submitted) you also need to submit (electronically) a three page MRes dissertation proposal on a form designed for this purpose to Professor Chris Philo by Friday 22nd June, 2018. Please complete the MRes in Human Geography Scholarships 2018-19 form.