Outstanding candidates are invited to become a part of the PhD Scholarships in Singapore. The award is offered by the National Institute of Education for the academic year 2021/2022.
This study program aims to provide financial support for high achieving Singapore and international students who have a plan to take part in PhD degree at NIE.
Amazing opportunity for overseas students in Singapore.
User Review( votes)
The National Institute of Education in Singapore is the only teacher education institute and is striving to achieve excellence in scientific research and the teaching of science and technology from pre-school to universities in Singapore and around the world, according to the QS World University Rankings in the subject of Education in 2015.
Why study at the National Institute of Education? Through its upgraded programmes, the National Institute of Education, Singapore’s teacher training institute, provides continuing education and life-long learning to its students and performs considerable, cutting-edge education research.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: National Institute of Education
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: Singapore and international applicants are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in any subject
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You are a local or international student seeking admission as a full-time candidate for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme at NIE
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with honours at least at Second Class Upper level, a Master’s degree in the relevant areas and the ability to pursue research in your proposed field of advanced study
- You must not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply for the Research programme using the university application portal. No separate form is required for the application of the National Institute of Education PhD Scholarship. Candidates may apply for the scholarship by indicating in the online application form.
- Supporting Documents:The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- An official transcript of detailed academic results
- Degree Scrolls / Certificates of Bachelor’s degree
- Transcripts of educational records
- One recent passport-sized color photograph
- National Registration Identity Card
- Two Academic Referee Reports
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- TOEFL PBT – 600
- IELTS – 7.0
The National Institute of Education will provide study expenses in the following manner:
- The monthly stipend will be S$3,000.
- The scholarship award will also cover the annual tuition fee and Employer CPF Contribution (for Singapore Citizens only).
- The scholarship shall be tenable for one year in the first instance and renewed annually, subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress. The maximum period of the award is four years from the date of admission into the PhD programme.
- Students must perform teaching/ laboratory supervision duties to fulfil the requirements of the Graduate Assistantship Programme (GAP).
- There shall be no bond of service in Singapore attached to the scholarship.