This excellent scholarship is offered to Singapore and international students who wish to pursue a master’s by research programme at NIE. The applicants must have a relevant bachelor’s degree to be eligible to receive this award.
Ranked 12th in the world and 2nd in Asia by the QS World University Rankings in the subject of Education in 2015, The National Institute of Education in Singapore is the only teacher education institute and is striving to achieve excellence in scientific research and the teaching of science and technology from pre-school to universities in Singapore and the World.
Why study at the National Institute of Education? National Institute of Education, being the teacher training institute in Singapore, provides continuing Education and life-long learning to its students and conducts extensive, cutting edge research in Education through its enhanced programmes. NIE is in collaborative partnerships with many educational institutes around the globe, which in turn ensures that the teachers at NIE are trained for global success.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: National Institute of Education
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master by Research
- Award: S$2,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: Singapore and international applicants are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All Master by Research degree programmes are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must not be on paid employment or accept paid work.
- The applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with honors in Second Class Upper level in the relevant areas.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply for the Master by Research programme using the university application portal. The scholarship does not require a separate application. The accepted students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- An official transcript of detailed academic results
- Degree Scrolls / Certificates of Bachelor’s degree
- Transcripts of educational records
- One recent passport-sized color photograph
- National Registration Identity Card
- Two Academic Referee Reports
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must attain at least a 90% score on the GRE test and provide the same results to be admitted in a Master by Research degree programme at NIE.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- TOEFL PBT – 600
- IELTS – 7.0
The National Institute of Education will provide the selected candidates a sum of S$2,500 per month towards the study cost of a Master’s by research degree for up to 2 years of study. Singaporean candidates will also additionally receive cover the annual tuition fee and Employer CPF Contribution.