Applications are invited for New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Awards funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, the New Zealand Government’s international aid, and development program. Awards are offered for postgraduate level study.
New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Awards give candidates from selected countries an opportunity to gain knowledge and skills through study in specific subject areas which will assist in the development of their home country.
An admirable opportunity to Postgraduate level study in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The New Zealand Aid Programme delivers New Zealand’s official support for developing countries. The purpose of New Zealand’s aid is to develop shared prosperity and stability in the Pacific and beyond, drawing on the best of New Zealand’s knowledge and skills.
University or Organization: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Course Level: Postgraduate level study
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Viet Nam
The program can be taken in New Zealand
Application Deadline: Closed
- Applications for New Zealand-ASEAN Scholar Awards are welcome from the following countries: List of Counties: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Viet Nam
- Applicants must meet the following conditions to be eligible for a New Zealand Scholarship:
- Applicants from all fields are encouraged to apply.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship.
- Not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, European Union countries, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, South Korea, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia.
- Important note: this condition does not apply to applicants from the Cook Islands, Tokelau or Niue, or applicants from Samoa with dual Samoa-NZ citizenship.
- Have resided in your home country for at least two years immediately prior to commencing your scholarship.
- Important note: this condition does not apply to applicants who are members of the diplomatic corps or their dependents, and may not apply to applicants for Short Term Scholarships.
- Have at least 2 years of work experience (part-time or full time, paid or voluntary).
- Important note: this condition does not apply to applicants from the Pacific who are applying for a pre-service scholarship -Not be serving military personnel.
- Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed program of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.
- Not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country
- Commit to return to your country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online or post.
- Language Requirements: As a general rule, for those wishing to complete a postgraduate qualification an overall IELTS score of 6.5 and no band less than 6.0 is the minimum required.
The entitlements of the Scholarship include full tuition fees, a living allowance (paid fortnightly), an establishment allowance, medical and travel insurance, travel between your home country and New Zealand at the start and end of your scholarship, home leave or reunion travel for some eligible scholars, pastoral and academic support at your institution, and assistance with research and thesis costs for most postgraduate research students.