To support and encourage bright students to pursue their higher education even in today’s financial climate, the University of California, Los Angeles has decided to award the Newberry Library Short-Term Fellowships for the academic year 2022-2023.
These fellowships are short-term for one continuous month, but scholars who have an extensive need for the collections may request up to two months of support. Students of all nationalities can apply for this $2,500 fellowship in the USA.
Great offer for applicants in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The University of California, Los Angeles is a research university in the US with a primary purpose as a public research university is the creation, dissemination, preservation, and application of knowledge for the betterment of the global society is ranked 36th in QS Global World Rankings 2021.
Why study at the University of California, Los Angeles? UCLA is one of the many best public schools in America. It stands out for the research, professors, and academic course load that is highly rigorous and renowned. It has tied up with top companies like Facebook and Tesla to produce the best students.
Application Deadline: Students must submit their applications by 15th December 2021.
- University or Organization: University of California, Los Angeles
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral or PhD
- Award: $2,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any postdoctoral or PhD degree programme in Humanities or Social Sciences at UCLA.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be postdoctoral scholars, PhD candidates, or those who hold other terminal degrees.
- The applicants must be current graduate students working on doctoral dissertation postdoctoral scholars.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to make an admission application via the online portal of the university. Fellowship applications can be made here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research proposal
- List of publications
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: The students are required to score a minimum of 1365/1600 on in SAT, 29 in the ACT, and an average GPA of 4.31 to secure a seat in a graduate programme at UCLA.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL IBT – 87
- TOEFL PBT – 560
- TOP – 7.1
The students selected will receive a stipend of $2,500 per month under this fellowship to graduate studies at UCLA.