Newcastle University is seeking high achieving athletes and wants to help their education by furnishing the Sports Scholarships programs in the United Kingdom.
This is a great funding offer for international students to get a degree in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Newcastle University was founded in 1834 as the School of Medicine and Surgery. It is a public research university and stands within the top 25 best universities in the UK.
Why study at Newcastle University? The university provides a peaceful environment for applicants and also offers a good range of degree level courses. It has the best faculty for teaching and mentoring the candidates.
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Award: Up to £10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Application Deadline: October 7, 2020
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The award is available for all home (the UK) and international students.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: An applicant must represent the University and compete for the University in British Universities Colleges Sport (BUCS) events where applicable.
- Participants should be part of a National Governing Body Performance Squad or equivalent.
- Eligible Sports- American Football, Badminton, Basketball, Canoe, Fencing, Football, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, Netball, Rowing, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Ski, Squash, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, Water polo.
How to Apply
- The candidates have to receive a place either in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at the university. After that, complete the online award application form for receiving the grant.
- If you are an applicant whose sport is not given in the eligibility criteria, then you must complete the Disability Sports Awards form.
- Candidates must be very proficient in the English language.
The award value is up to £10,000 and the following services will also be provided to the applicants – Small group S&C sessions, Access to medical services including physiotherapy and sports massage, Professional Coaching, Upgrade to Gold Gym Membership, Mentoring/Lifestyle Support, Athlete workshop programme covering topics such as sports physiology, nutrition, psychology, screenings, injury prevention & management and lifestyle management, Branded Sports Kit, Sport Science Support, Access to Training Facilities, and Performance Video Analysis.