The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences is seeking ambitious and hard-working students for the 3-year PhD position related to Infection Biology.
This award is designed to attract the international candidates who want to pursue the PhD degree coursework at NMBU for the academic session 2020/21.
Helpful offer for international students to study in Norway.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1859, the Norwegian University of Life Sciences is a public university located in As, Norway. It has a special responsibility for research and education that ensures the basis of life for future generations.
Why study at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences? NMBU provides high-quality education, a broad choice of bachelor‡s, master‡s degree program and personal support for students‡ study.
Application Deadline: May 12, 2020
- University: Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Department: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: NOK 479.600
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Infection Biology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine eligible for Norwegian veterinary authorization or equivalent biological degree with a strong background in clinical microbiology
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken (please see English language requirements in PhD regulations at NMBU).
- The following experiences and skills will be favoured
- Strong interest in canine diseases and microbiology
- Previous laboratory and research experience including bacteriological culture and/or cell culture is an advantage
- Previous experience in small animal clinical practice is an advantage
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the award, applicants are required to take admission in a PhD degree program at NMBU. After that, they can apply to the University’s Web Recruitment System, where they will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit (electronically) a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, copies of degree certificates and transcripts of academic records and a list of two persons who may act as references. The relevant NMBU Department may require further documentation, e.g. proof of English proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: To be admitted, the candidate must fulfil the requirements for admission to PhD education at NMBU. The candidate must have a relevant education equivalent to a five-year Master’s degree program with 120 credits at the master‡s level.
- Language Requirement: The applicant must have a strong academic background from previous studies, and be able to document good knowledge in English, both written and oral.
The Norwegian University of Life Sciences will provide the award amount of NOK 479.600 to the high achieving candidates.