Applications are now open for the 2019 Nuffield Canada Agricultural Scholarships. Each year, Nuffield Canada awards up to five scholarships of $15,000 to enterprising Canadian individuals with a passion for agriculture.
“Nuffield Canada Agricultural Scholarships provide innovative Canadians with the opportunity to travel internationally to expand their personal horizons while exploring agricultural issues and opportunities in a global context,” says Ian McPhadden, chair of Nuffield Canada’s board of directors and scholar. ”
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for enterprising Canadian individuals with a passion for agriculture.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Agriculture.
- Scholarship Award: The total scholarship disbursement is $15,000.
- Number of Scholarships: There are five scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Canada are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
Applicants will be mid-career; between the ages of 25 and 45; – (some exceptions may be considered). You will have a minimum of five years of agriculture business or farming experience, as well as the management ability to step away from your current duties for an extended period of time. You will travel for a minimum of 10 weeks, six weeks of which will be consecutive.
There are no prerequisites of education or past awards. You will be required to commit to using this opportunity to contribute to Canadian agriculture by sharing your work and experience.
Scholarships are not for those involved in the full-time study, or for the purpose of furthering existing research projects.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Complete the application form and submit it via email by April 30 of each year. Successful applicants will be selected and notified by August 15 of their application year.