Nuffield College is offering two postdoctoral prize research fellowships in Sociology for the duration of three years. These are intended for scholars from any country who are pursuing Postdoctoral research.
The aim of the competition is to identify and attract candidates who are reaching or have reached the end of their doctorate and have the potential to produce high-quality research and to become world-class scholars in the social sciences.
Exceptional study program at Nuffield College.
User Review( votes)
It aims to be one of the world’s outstanding social science institutions, providing a stimulating research orientated environment for postgraduate students, research fellows, and senior academics and promoting, according to its Charter, “the study by co-operation between academic and non-academic persons of social (including economic and political) problems”.
Why at Nuffield College- The college is a graduate college within the University of Oxford which was founded in 1937 and specializes in the Social Sciences, particularly Economics, Politics, and Sociology.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Holding a bachelors and/or masters degree in a relevant field and by 1 September 2018 having completed, or being close to completing a doctorate; candidates must be within three years of the award of their doctorate at the time of application. Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously held research similar to that advertised for more than one year at the time of taking up the study.
- These are awarded in the field of Sociology, broadly construed to include sociology, demography, social and medical statistics, social psychology, public policy, and social policy.
- The experience of carrying out independent research and a track record of excellent quality papers appropriate for and commensurate with their career level.
- Willingness to contribute to the intellectual life of the College.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The awards are intended for scholars from any country.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application package should be sent via e-mail as .pdf attachments to pprf-at-nuffield.ox.ac.uk.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the A completed Sociology PPRF application form, CV, The names, addresses, and e-mail addresses of at least two academic referees, covering letter, one-page description of your current research, Two samples of your written work.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants holding a bachelors and/or masters degree in a relevant field and by 1 September 2017 having completed, or being close to completing, a doctorate; candidates must be within three years of the award of their doctorate at the time of application.
- Language Requirement: An excellent oral and written communication skill is required.
Benefit: The Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellow’s salary is set at £30,114 per annum (based on point 4 of the College’s scales for Research Fellows).
Application Deadline: Closed