Solomon Mahlangu funding for South African Students to pursue undergraduate programme at one of the participating universities. For the 2017 Academic year, only public Universities and Universities of Technology will participate. This does not include FET and TVET colleges. award includes tuition, accommodation, meals and study books.
the program fund is designed to create an environment for affording marginalized youth with excellent academic background, an opportunity to further their studies.
User Review( votes)
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is a South African-based agency established primarily to tackle challenges that the nation’s youth are faced with. The NYDA was established by an Act of parliament, Act no 54 of 2008.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme at one of the participating universities.
Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded for studying ICT, Law, Tourism, Geology, Logistics, Pharmacy, Journalism, Agriculture, Engineering, Development Studies and Supply Chain Management.
Award: The following costs are covered by the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship:
- Study Books
The award can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the participating universities as a 1st year full time student
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the participating universities after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
- Engage in community service
Nationality: The studentships are open to South African citizens.
How to Apply: Applications are to be completed online. Required documents:
- A copy of Senior Certificate (if you have completed Grade 12).
- A copy of the latest academic transcript or record on an official letterhead or logo (if you are already at an Institution of Higher Education).
- A copy of valid South African identity document.
- Copies of valid South African identity documents of your parents or guardians.
- Copies of Salary Slips of your parents/guardians or affidavit/s stating no income received.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 15, 2017.