The University of Newcastle has established the Onshore Excellence Scholarships to attract high-performing students to study in Australia. This merit-based scholarship will be awarded to applicants with a strong academic background for the academic year 2022-2023.
The applicants must be onshore students currently located in Australia wanting to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree study at Newcastle University. The grant is valued at $30,000 to cover programme fee.
User Review( votes)
The University of Newcastle, informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university ranked 207th in the world by QS World University Rankings. It bears a purpose to deliver an exceptional student experience.
Why choose to study at the University of Newcastle? The students at Newcastle have access to world-class programs, inspiring and collaborative learning environments, and opportunities to put theory into practice with real-world experiences. They are given an opportunity to learn from passionate and talented teaching staff that have strong industry connections and experience.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Newcastle
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor and masters
- Award: $30,000
- Number of Awards: 100
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Students from foreign countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree of choice offered at Newcastle.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply via the online application platform of the university. Admitted eligible students will be considered for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Passport biometric page
- Work experience
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letters of work experience
- Statement of purpose
- Admission Requirements: The applicants applying for a PhD in Archaeology must have a postgraduate Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g. geography, archaeology) to get into Newcastle.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
Newcastle University will provide the winning students a total sum of $30,000 including $10,000 for each year of study under full-time study.