Do you need financial support for your studies in Canada? If yes, then you can apply the Ontario Trillium Scholarship which is provided by the University of Waterloo.
This study grant is open for new incoming international doctoral students who hold a valid Canadian study permit and are registered full-time in a degree-granting program in any Faculty.
Nice opportunity for international students to study a PhD degree.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waterloo offers academic programs administered by six faculties and ten faculty-based schools. It is most famous for its cooperative education (co-op) programs. It also operates the largest post-secondary co-operative education program in the world.
Why at the University of Waterloo? The university provides opportunities to grow your career through leadership training, organizational development workshops, and secondments. Here students can take advantage of confidential career advisement and coaching through its employee career advisors.
Application Deadline: February 1.
University or Organization: University of Waterloo
Course Level: Doctoral Degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International Students
The program can be taken in Canada
Eligible Countries: International Students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in any Doctoral Degree offered by the University.
Admissible Criteria: Applicants must:
- Academic merit is the defining criterion for the selection of the OTS recipients.
- Recipients must be new/incoming doctoral students who are applying for admission for upcoming spring, fall or winter terms.
- Holders must be international students who hold a valid Canadian study permit and who do not qualify for an exemption to the higher international tuition and fees; should an OTS recipient obtain permanent residency status after the beginning of the first term of study, s/he will continue to be eligible for the OTS for the balance of his/her renewable OTS for a total of four years.
- Holders must be intending to pursue full-time graduate studies at the doctoral level in a degree-granting program.
- Candidates must have achieved a first-class average (A-/80% Ontario equivalent) in each of the two years of full-time study prior to being awarded the OTS.
- Applicants must not be currently studying at an Ontario post-secondary institution at the undergraduate or graduate level.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to take admission to the university and apply for admission to a doctoral program before the deadline. After taking admission applicants are automatically considered for this study grant.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Benefit: The Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) will be awarded valued at $40,000 per student. The $40,000 scholarship will be comprised of $26,666 paid by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development and $13,333 paid by the university as scholarship, TA/RA, or combination thereof.