Interested in studying in New Zealand? If yes, then go ahead and apply for the NZ School Leavers funding for International Students designed by the University of Waikato.
A lucky chance for overseas students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga. It is a consistent climber in the most prestigious international rankings.
Why at Waikato- This University is committed to providing world-class education and research portfolio, providing a complete and dynamic university experience, specialized in character, and strong international links for advance knowledge.
Application Deadline: 15 January each year
University or Organization: University of Waikato
Course Level: Undergraduate degree
Award: Up to NZD$10,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: International students
The award can be taken in New Zealand
Eligible Countries: International students can apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- For international students completing Year 13 at an NZ high school in 2019 and intending to enroll full-time in an undergraduate degree at UoW in A Semester 2020.
- Must be applying to enroll for the first time in an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato
- Candidates must achieve at least NCEA Level 3 with Merit (or equivalent).
- Holders must have received a Conditional or Unconditional Offer of Place from UoW by the Scholarship closing date in order to be eligible for consideration.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, aspirants are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the university. After being registered, claimants can apply for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, you need to submit a final report/dissertation/thesis within 12 months of the studentship closing date.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, claimants are needed to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The support will have a value of up to NZD$10,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen program/s of study once their enrolment is completed.
- The tenure of The grant is one year.
- The Scholarship may be taken up in A Semester only, in the year of the award.