To provide support to international students to pursue their research studies in Singapore, the National Medical Research Council of Singapore has established the Open Fund – Individual Research Grant (OF-IRG) for the academic year 2022-2023.
OF-IRG is open to applications in all research areas for students that wish to conduct their research studies in Singapore. This award programme will ensure that the selected students receive $1.625M for up to 5 years to complete their studies in any Singaporean college or university.
A fine programme for students.
User Review( votes)
The National Medical Research Council, established in 1994, oversees the development and advancement of medical research in Singapore. The council’s vision is to promote excellence in translational and clinical research.
Why should you apply for this programme? National Medical Research Council provides research funds to healthcare institutions, awards competitive research funds for individual projects, and is responsible for developing clinician-scientists through awards and fellowships.
Application Deadline: All applicants must mandatorily submit their applications by 24th January 2022, 5 pm.
- University or Organization: The National Medical Research Council
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $1.625M
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Singapore.
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply to take up research studies in any basic, translational, and clinical research that are relevant to human health and potential, including research that looks at the causes, consequences, diagnosis, and treatment of human diseases at any Singaporean institute.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold a minimum of 9 months of employment (per calendar year) with a local Singapore institution.
- The applicants must have a primary appointment in a local publicly funded institution and be salaried by the institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply to any institute of their choice via its individual application process. Application details for this funding opportunity can be obtained here in the application guide linked.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide an annual report to NMRC and to submit a final report to NMRC within 3 months from the project completion date.
- Admission Requirements: Students that apply must have PhD or MD/MBBS/BDS qualifications.
- Language Requirement: The students must comply with the language requirements of the university or college they will be joining.
The students chosen by the council will be provided funding worth $1.625M for up to 5 years to conduct their research studies in Singapore.