With the aim of encouraging and supporting students, the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg is offering the Oscar Romero/STIBET funding for the high achieving candidates.
The purpose of the program is to provide financial support for international students applying for a doctoral degree program for the session 2020/21.
Golden chance for international students to study doctoral program in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1973, the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg is a centre of research with the national and international appeal. It offers a wide range of study opportunities for the students.
Why at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg? The university provides world-class education and committed to an international perspective at all levels. Here students will get comfortable working both independently and within a team.
Application Deadline: May 14, 2020
- University: Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Awards: Up to EUR 1,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree program in any subject.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Residence permit for study purposes or the purpose of a doctorate (in general according to Section 16 of the German Residence Act – AufenthG)
- Monthly income during the program period may not exceed EUR 450
- All international students and doctoral candidates of the University of Oldenburg who find themselves in financial difficulties are eligible to apply.
- Financial need is a prerequisite; voluntary work inside or outside the university is a plus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the award, candidates are obligatory to apply through an online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Motivation letter (justification of the application), CV, transcript with grade average (students), enrolment certificate, copy of the residence permit, proof of financial need, and letter of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission to a doctoral degree, applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg will provide the award amount of up to EUR 1,000. If a successful applicant has one or more part-time jobs which earn him or her more than EUR 450 before taxes per month.