To support students affected by the Russian-Ukrainian conflict who want to continue their studies, Óbuda University has established the ÓU – SZF Scholarships in Hungary for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship valued at 50,000 HUF per month for up to 12 months at Óbuda University is supported by Széchenyi Funds, especially for Ukrainian national students forced out of the country and seeking to continue to pursue their higher education. The scholarship award will also cover the full tuition fee and accommodation charges.
Worthy offer for Ukraine applicants in Hungary.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 2000 as Budapest Tech with the merging of three polytechnical institutes, the Óbuda University, named after Óbuda, a part of Budapest, is a technical university in Budapest, Hungary. It is ranked 1001st in the World University Rankings by Times Higher Education.
Why choose to study at Óbuda University? The Óbuda University is the second largest, but highest ranked Technical University in Hungary and holds a mission to serve the interest of society, the economy, and our industrial partners through the transfer and constant development of high-level knowledge and skills and innovation.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2022 is the last day to apply.
- University or Organization: Óbuda University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: 10,000,000
- Number of Awards: 16
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hungary.
- Eligible Countries: Ukraine.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for any preferred undergraduate or graduate degree programme offered at Óbuda University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be forced by the situation in Ukraine to leave the country.
- The applicants must wish to continue their studies at Óbuda University.
- The applicants must have Ukrainian or Ukrainian-Hungarian dual citizenship or be third-country students who received state or other scholarships in Ukraine before the outbreak of war.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students must complete and submit an application form for university admission and scholarship via mail at [email protected]. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application form
- Copy of identity card or passport
- Proof of university student status in Ukraine or admission to a Ukrainian university for the current academic year in a manner acceptable to the University
- Certificate of previous study results (copy + translation into the Hungarian language)
- Copy of proof of graduation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have the general certificate of education – G.C.E. or any equivalent secondary high school diploma.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 65 to 70
- TOEFL PBT- 513 to 520
- TOEFL CBT –183 to 200
- IELTS – 5.0 to 5.5
- Cambridge Exam – FCE
Óbuda University will award the successfully selected international students a scholarship worth 50,000 HUF per month along with free tuition and accessible housing in the dormitory for 12 months.