Oxford Brookes University is inviting applications to apply for the Sasakawa Postgraduate MPhil/ PhD International Studentships offered by Oxford Brookes University.
The main purpose of this studentship is to provide financial support available for highly motivated candidates from the UK and all around the globe for the academic year 2021/2022.
A great choice for the UK, EU and international students to PhD study at Oxford Brookes University.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1992 as Oxford School of Art, Oxford Brookes University is a public university located in Oxford, England. It changed its name to Oxford Brookes University after a certain duration of its founding, which was taken after its former principal name, John Henry Brookes.
Why study at Oxford Brookes University? This university has been the first choice for students from various parts of the world over a few decades. It brings a reputation for creativity and innovative teaching. This university is ranked 1st in the UK for its study and 2nd in teaching in a Times Higher Education Young University survey.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
- University or Organization: Oxford Brookes University
- Department: Department of Social Sciences
- Course Level: MPhil/PhD
- Award: £10,000
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home/EU and International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are acceptable form the UK, EU, and across the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MPhil/PhD programme in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must have a good undergraduate degree (a good 2:1 or above) or be predicted to obtain one.
- They should have completed a degree with substantive anthropology content or in Japanese studies, or in a discipline relevant to the proposed research, and have a sufficient level of Japanese language ability to engage in fieldwork in Japan where relevant (normally, this should be equivalent to JLPT level 2 or above).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates must enrol to undertake a research degree at Oxford Brookes University. Please contact Terri Morris on hss-researchdegrees-at-brookes.ac.uk . If you wish to apply for this funding opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: A cover letter, a brief statement of research interests explaining how experience and plans fit with the advertised position, CV, and two referees’ details can be used as required documents.
- Admission Requirements: To be enrolled in a PhD degree program at this university, all applicants are expected to have a master‡s degree in a discipline they are applying for. Please obtain more information from here.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, the following documents can be accepted as evidence of your English proficiency: IELTS 6.0-7.0, 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking, and 60% or above in Standard XII.
Oxford Brookes University is awarding studentships for deserving candidates to support their PhD study in the UK. The scholarship winner will get £10,000 for the year 2021/2022.