Monash University is inviting applications for Pakistan Higher Education Commission Joint program to pursue PhD and Research programme in Australia. Pakistani students are eligible to apply for this application .
The program aims to support Pakistan’s need for highly qualified engineers, technologists, and scientists in high-tech fields, as well as build up capacity of their universities, research and development organizations, and industries.
User Review( votes)
Monash University is ranked in the top one percent of world universities according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. At Monash, they strive to make sure that students have the opportunity to pursue the career they aspire to.
For entry to Monash University, the student must meet the minimum English language requirements. Application must include one original test report meeting the minimum results listed below- IELTS (International English Language Testing System – Academic): Overall test score: 6.5 TOEFL (American Test of English as a Foreign Language): Paper-based test: 550 Test of Written English (TWE): 4.5 or Internet-based test: 79.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: award is available to pursue PhD and Research programme.
- Study Subject: award is awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: Each year the Pakistan Higher Education Scholarship Council (HEC) will award a Number of Awards that provide:
- An annual living allowance of approximately AUD $19,000 (2018 rate) and
- One international return airfare by the most economical route.
In addition, Monash University will provide a Number of Awards that include:
- Full tuition fee sponsorship for course duration (up to maximum 4 years) (value depends on course of admission, please refer to Study at Monash for details)
- A supplementary (top up) living allowance (stipend) per year to the published value of an Australian Government RTP Stipend (indexed annually) for applicants awarded a scholarship under this scheme.
- Nationality: Pakistani students
- Number of Awards: Each year the Pakistan Higher Education Scholarship Council (HEC) will award a Number of Awards.
- The award can be taken in Australia
Eligible Countries: Pakistani students are eligible to apply for this application .
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for these awards applicants must:
- B citizens and permanent residents of Pakistan at the time of application
- Hold qualifications for admission to a PhD program at Monash University
- Meet Monash University’s English language proficiency requirements
- Satisfy HEC selection criteria, apply to HEC for funding, and be shortlisted by HEC for a scholarship
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet Monash University’s English language proficiency requirements.
How to Apply: To submit an application for PhD admission at Monash University, you need to have an invitation to apply for the faculty where you wish to enrol.
Different faculties have different processes, so it is important that you read and follow faculty-specific instructions.
It may take up to four weeks to obtain an invitation. You should start the process to obtain an invitation no less than four weeks before the date you expect to submit your application.
- Once you have obtained your invitation, you can submit your application for PhD admission to Monash University.When completing the online application form,
- In ‘Application Details’ section of the form, select ‘Research Degree Only’ when asked ‘What do you wish to apply for?’
- In the ‘Research Program’ section of the form, under the ‘Research Program Funding’ subsection, answer ‘Yes’ when asked ‘Do you intend to or have you applied for a scholarship or sponsorship, other than those listed above, for this research?’. You will then be asked ‘What scholarship/sponsorship are you applying for?’ Indicate here that you are applying for the Pakistan HEC scholarship.
- After applications are assessed, Monash University will provide selected applicants with an offer by 28 February 2018 and provide a list of accepted candidates to the HEC.
- Applicants must also complete and submit an application for funding to HEC by the closing date.
- HEC will evaluate listed candidates in accordance with the HEC’s eligibility criteria.
- The final list of successful Awardees will be jointly approved by HEC and Monash University.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the HEC.