In partnership with host institutes throughout the developing world, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency is offering PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries.
The purpose of this fellowship program is to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology for the development of their countries.
Excellent opportunity for students
User Review( vote)
Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency informed by the Yogyakarta Principles in Action the working for the rights for LGBTI. It is responsible for the organization of the bulk of Sweden’s official development assistance to developing countries.
Why should apply to this program? The program will provide an opportunity for women candidates to build up a career in their chosen field. It offers a diverse range of opportunities for developing skills to prepare them for a career.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of lagging countries such as Afghanistan, Madagascar, Angola, Malawi, Bangladesh, Mali, Benin, Mauritania, Bhutan, Mongolia, Bolivia, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Myanmar, Burundi, Nepal, Cambodia, Nicaragua, Cameroon, Niger Central African Rep, Chad, Paraguay, Comoros, Rwanda, Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal, Dem Rep. Congo, Sierra Leone, Djibouti, Solomon Islands, El Salvador, Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Equatorial Guinea, Sudan, Gambia, Swaziland, Ghana, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Guinea, Tanzania, Guinea-Bissau, Timor-Leste, Haiti, Togo, Honduras, Tuvalu, Kenya, Uganda, Kiribati, Vanuatu, Lao People’s Dem Rep., Yemen, Lesotho, Zambia, Liberia and Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD in Science and Technology: Agricultural Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Biological Systems and Organisms, Chemical Sciences, Computing and Information Technology, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Medical and Health Sciences, Neurosciences, Physics, Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology.
- Admissible Criteria: For being the part of this program, the applicant must confirm that they intend to return to their home country as soon as possible after the completion of the fellowship. Claimants must be qualified an MSc degree in one of the above-listed study fields.
How to Apply
- How to apply: For taking advantages of this program, you need to be registered as a PhD degree program at any university. After being enrolled, aspirants can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: You may be asked for the PhD research proposal outline, all university-issued transcripts, curriculum vitae, preliminary acceptance letter, letter of commitment, reference letters, passport, registration and no objection certificate and supporting statement from home supervisor.
- Language Requirement: Seekers must have to prove their English language skills.
The grant will provide the monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses such as accommodation and meals while in the host country, special allowance, return ticket, visa expenses, annual medical insurance contribution, opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops, study fees.