Ghent University is offering Ph.D. Grants – Joint Doctoral Programme in Arts and Archaeology Starting from 1 October 2017. International students are eligible to apply for this grant.
As part of the Joint Doctoral Programme in Arts and Archaeology (JDP by Universiteit Gent (Belgium) and Università di Verona (Italy) 2 new Ph.D. opportunities are being granted to predoctoral researchers, aimed at obtaining a doctoral degree within 4 years.
Wonderful opportunity to get a Ph.D. study with financial support.
User Review( votes)
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Why at Ghent University? UGent is one of the largest universities in Belgium. Their students, alumni, and employees form a creative community connected by commitment, openness, and pluralism.
University or Organization: Ghent University
Course Level: Doctoral Programme
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in Belgium
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- At the start of the BOF fellowship, candidates must qualify for a ‘dehousse scholarship’, which is a Ph.D. scholarship exempted from taxation.
- Grants are awarded in the field of Arts and Archaeology.
- The Ph.D. grant research proposal must be submitted English.
- International students are eligible to apply for this grant.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be sent to Gent_Verona-at-ugent.be. The application document has to be named as followed: “surname candidate_first name candidate_DOC application”. Send the application form and annexes as separate PDF-files.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- Language Requirements: The language of communication of the JDP will be English. The taught part of the program will be in English.
Benefit: The amount of The grant is approximately € 1.958 per month, depending on the family status of the scholar. Based on the advice of the Research Council, a bench fee of € 7.440 (€ 310/month) will be awarded to the promoter per term of 2 years.