The University of Southern Denmark is inviting all the international candidates to apply for the 3-year PhD position on the topic of digital port operations and sustainable Roll-on-Roll-off (RoRo) for the academic session 2020/2021.
The aim of the RoRoGreen project is to bring Denmark and EU a step closer to competitive and sustainable RoRo-shipping via the implementation of digital technologies for cargo stowage and port operations which can enable cost-efficient GHG emission reductions.
Amazing opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Southern Denmark in Odense was founded in 1998. It is a well-known university with a wide range of traditional disciplines as well as a broad range of business and engineering studies.
Why study at the University of Southern Denmark? The university is helping to provide high-quality learning to all the students. Here the population of approximately administrative staff 3,772 and Students 29,674 are working hard to achieve their future goals.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: Department of Technology and Innovation
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully funded
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Candidates all around the world can apply for this programme.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Digital Port Operations and Sustainable RoRo Shipping
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must be familiar with the maritime port/ship industry and have a committed passion for exploration and sustainability.
- Must have degrees of MSc in Management of Operations, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Marine, Logistics or equivalents (Danish M.A.)
- Must be comfortable with data science, statistics, AI and programming languages and willingness to learn new if needed
- Comfortable with data science, statistics, AI and programming languages and willingness to learn new if needed
- Experience with building and executing quantitative models in business / industrial settings will be an advantage
- Comfortable working both independently and within an international team
- Willingness to do applied science and support project team, industrial partners and overall research project progress
- Interested in longer-term commitment to a growing research group
- Comfortable to work with students and to contribute to teaching/supervision of (master) students
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for the opportunity candidates must take admission in a PhD degree programme at the University of Southern Denmark. All applicants must consequently apply online.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit curriculum vitae, motivation letter and verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master’s diploma
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- References, if any. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, if available
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the admission requirement to apply for the PhD International Position at the University of Southern Denmark.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
The university will provide Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378, – EURO per month incl. supplements).