Complete your PhD degree at the University of Nottingham by applying for the PhD studentships and become a part of the team of expert researchers. UK and EU students with a computer science background are invited to apply for the academic year 2021-2022.
The PhD studentship is funded by the Nottingham Doctoral Training Centre in Artificial Intelligence and will give the students a stipend and tuition fees for up to 3.5 years of study. Students interested in exploring through the use of machine vision and AI to model the human eye are eligible to apply for and receive this application .
With proven outstanding education and research and is ranked 84th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018, the University of Nottingham is a public research university that strives to improve the wellbeing of people by imparting education.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Nottingham? The University of Nottingham is known to have a faculty that constantly delivers outstanding teaching and learning outcomes and renders their undisturbed attention to each student. Students receive high-quality teaching at Nottingham and attain the highest level of satisfaction provided solely through education and academic support. The employability of students is boosted with degrees from the University of Nottingham and extreme support from the faculty, which gives a kick-start to their careers.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: Computer Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition Fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and EU
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree courses and subjects in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Augmented Reality Technologies to Macular Disease are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold relevant bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- The applicants must be home tuition fee-paying students at Nottingham.
- The applicants must be enrolled in the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must enroll themselves in the university using the online application portal and completing the application process. The applicants must submit the below-mentioned documents via mail at [email protected] to apply for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A copy of your CV
- An example of your technical writing
- Contact details for two academic referees
- A research proposal – max 2 x sides A4
- A covering letter
- Admission Requirements: The candidate must have a 2:1 Bachelor or Masters degree or international equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline to be accepted in a PhD programme in Computer Science at Nottingham.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to have the below-specified scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0 to 6.5
- PTE – 55 to 68
- TOEFL IBT – 79 to 100
- CAE – 169 to 190
The University of Nottingham will cover the tuition fees of the PhD programme and will also provide a stipend of £15,609 per year for 3.4 years.