The University of Limerick is inviting students to apply for its PhD Scholarships in Frameworks to Evaluate the Potential Impact of Genomics on Real-world Medical Health.
The PhD project will build software tools to enable access and analysis of genomics data in EMR records. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, be highly motivated, and will be able to think critically to solve a problem.
Worthy offer for students in ireland.
User Review( votes)
The University of Limerick is a young and independent higher education institution with 12,000 students consisting of more than 2,000 international students. It delivers lucrative undergraduate, postgraduate, and postgraduate research programs in various fields to choose from.
Why study at the University of Limerick? This University is a forward-thinking and enterprising University with an excellent reputation for excellence in innovation, education, and research. They provide a generous range of educational opportunities, from scholarships to career counseling to benefit students.
Application Deadline: Applications are open now for the academic year 2022-2023
- University or Organization: University of Limerick
- Department: Education and Health Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €16,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the University
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, be highly motivated, and will be able to think critically to solve a problem
- Applicants from non-traditional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- The applicant should have experience in at least one computer language, be familiar with open source coding practices, including github and containerization, and be excited to write R/Bioconductor code and packages.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to enroll in the PhD degree programme at the University. After that, you can contact[email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Provide a detailed proposal of the research to be undertaken (on separate sheets if necessary). This should include sections on 1) Description of the topic including the aims of the research; 2) Objectives and/or hypotheses; 3) Research Methodology, including how the data will be collected; and 4) Bibliography and references.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have a first or upper second-class honors degree at undergraduate or master’s level or equivalent training in data science, biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science, or a closely related discipline.
- Language Requirement: Students must meet the English language requirements of the University.
Each successful scholar will receive a stipend of €16,000 tax-free per annum, with EU tuition fees covered. Non-EU students may have to pay the balance of total fees.