The University of Pisa is currently accepting applications for the PhD international awards in the area of Bias in Artificial Intelligence. The program is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program.
The program aims to develop novel methods for AI-based decision making without bias by taking into account ethical and legal considerations in the design of technical solutions.
Golden chance for international students in Italy.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1343, the University of Pisa is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation, and scientific advice. It offers a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment.
Why at the University of Auckland? The university strives for academic excellence in an environment characterized by respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Pisa
- Department: Department of Computer Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD coursework in the area of Bias in Artificial Intelligence.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, at the time of recruitment, the potential candidate:
- Must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account”.
- Be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree”.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity s, all required documents should not exceed 100 megabytes in total and are to be submitted in PDF format only, using the application form.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit detailed CV in Europass format (template available in the following link), scanned copies of BSc and MSc transcripts, with a certified translation in English, motivation letter, contact details or recommendation letters of two referees, Scanned copy of valid identification document, and a copy of the applicant’s scientific publications.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates should have a two-year Master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or equivalent degree (see EQF level 7).
- Language Requirement: Applicants must provide proof of excellent command of English (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge, or equivalent). This is not required in the case of native English speakers (i.e., English is your mother tongue).
The University of Pisa will offer two fully-funded PhD positions for 3 years with the following benefits:
- The scholarship recipient will be appointed a temporary contract, salary will be in line with the funding schemes of MSCA action, and in accordance with Italian rules and regulations, as stated in the Grant Agreement and MSCA Guide for Applicants.
- The monthly salary (living allowance + mobility allowance) will be of approx. 4.000€ (gross amount subject to health insurance/tax deductions), allocated following Italian specific contract conditions for MSCA candidates.
- An additional family allowance will be granted upon specific conditions.