The University of Nottingham is inviting domestic and international students to conduct their research study in the UK by applying for the PhD Studentship in Materials modeling through computational fluid dynamics and finite element modeling. Applications for the academic year 2021-2022 are now accepted.
Open to all domestic and international candidates, this PhD studentship is funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and is offered for a PhD in Materials modeling through computational fluid dynamics and finite element modeling. Selected candidates will receive a yearly stipend of £15,609.
User Review( votes)
The University of Nottingham is a renowned public research university dedicated to improving the wellbeing of people by providing outstanding education and research through its education system. It is ranked 84th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018.
Why choose to study at the University of Nottingham? The University of Nottingham has a faculty that has been constantly delivering outstanding teaching and learning outcomes and renders their undisturbed attention to each student. The employability rate of students is boosted with degrees from the University of Nottingham and extreme support from the faculty that gives a kick-start to their careers.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Home country and foreign students both are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in Materials modeling through computational fluid dynamics and finite element modeling at the University of Nottingham are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have strong knowledge of fundamental materials science.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must submit their initial application online through the university portal. Interested candidates must attach the documents explaining suitability and send directly to Dr. Tanvir Hussain at [email protected] to apply for the position.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide a CV and a detailed cover letter explaining suitability.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have qualifications in materials/ mechanical/chemical/ physics/ chemistry.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- PTE – 55
The PhD studentship will cover full Home tuition fees and a tax-free stipend at an EPSRC rate of £15,609 per annum for the selected candidates. The only tuition fee will be covered for international or EU students.