Outstanding international students who want to embark on a career in the field of film and communication can apply for the School of Communication and Film Scholarships at Hong Kong Baptist University. Applications are accepted in the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship is designed for bachelor study programmes for non-local, non-mainland, and local non-JUPAS students. Selection will be based on the interview performance and academic performance. A maximum of HK$70,000 will be awarded.
User Review( votes)
Hong Kong Baptist University is a publicly funded university ranked 607th among Best Global Universities. It is known to deliver the best student experience by cultivating students’ integrity, creativity, communication, employability, and commitment to the common good
Why choose to study at the Hong Kong Baptist University? HKBU is committed to academic excellence in teaching, research, and service, and to the development of the whole person in all these endeavors built upon the heritage of Christian higher education.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021
- University or Organization: Hong Kong Baptist University
- Department: School of Communication and Film
- Course Level: Bachelor
- Award: HK$70,000
- Number of Awards: Up to 11
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong.
- Eligible Countries: Non-local, non-mainland and local non-JUPAS students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can take a bachelor of communication in journalism, public relations and advertising, film, and media arts concentration or television concentration, or a bachelor of fine arts in acting for the global screen.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have 3ALs, AAB, or above excluding English and Chinese in GCE.
- The applicants must have a minimum score of 35 or above on IB.
- The applicants must have an SAT score of 1630 or above to be eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to apply through the online application system of the university. Eligible students will automatically be considered.
- Supporting Documents: Attach passport or other identity documents of home country and degree certificate for academic qualification.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must submit an SAT score of 1630 or above.
- Language Requirement: Applicants have to meet the English language requirements of the university.
The selected applicants will be presented a sum of HK$20,000 – HK$70,000 towards an eligible bachelor programme at HKBU.
- Students that submit SAT, GCE, and IB scores will receive a HK$70,000 scholarship award.
- Students with good academic and interview performance will be awarded HK$20,000 – HK$40,000.