Heidelberg University is currently accepting applications for the PhD Position in Super-Resolution Microscopy of P. falciparum Knob Formation in Germany.
The PhD project will focus on the characterization of P. falciparum-induced knobs on the red blood cell surface in a time-resolved manner, using super-resolution microscopy, including STED and MINFLUX, and various electron microscopic techniques, including cryo-electron tomography.
A fine programme for students in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Heidelberg University is a public research university dedicated to advancing knowledge and skills to benefit current and future generations in an open-minded and accepting environment for people and ideas.
Why should you study at Heidelberg University? In addition to academic and social commitments, Heidelberg University highly values student and young researcher training. It allows for early integration into research subjects and techniques by employing novel concepts for research-based teaching.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is July 31, 2022.
- University or Organization: Heidelberg University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany, Eastern European countries, including Ukraine, and Russia.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD Position in Super-Resolution Microscopy of P. falciparum Knob Formation.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Qualified candidate should have a Master’s degree from an internationally accredited
- Institution of higher education. Technical skills in super-resolution microscopy and/or electron microscopy are desirable. Interest in interdisciplinary collaborations is mandatory.
- Applications from all fields of natural sciences are welcome, as are candidates with a migration background. They also encourage scientists from Eastern European countries, including Ukraine and Russia, to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be enlisted in the programme, applicants must have to take admission at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Attach your official transcripts of academic records from every postsecondary institution you attended for at least one year as a full-time student, statement of purpose, Contact details of two referees, two reference letters from these referees, and CV.
- Admission Requirements: The successful candidate must hold a university degree (master’s or equivalent above average) that permits access to doctoral studies.
- Language Requirement: Excellent English skills (spoken and written) are mandatory.
Each successful scholar will receive a salary to support their education at Heidelberg University in Germany.