The University of Southern Denmark is currently accepting applications for the PhD Position in Visualization at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science for the session 2020/2021. The programme is available for international students.
The purpose of the PhD programme is to assist highly motivated students interested in designing and developing visual interfaces in collaboration with experts in (digital) humanities within a European project.
Established in 1998, the University of Southern Denmark is a well-known university that offers many study possibilities to international students. It provides a range of higher education programs, including Bachelor, Master, and doctoral degree programs.
Why study at the University of Southern Denmark? The university offers world-class education and is committed to an international perspective at all levels. At this university, students will enjoy a remarkably high standard of living and educational facilities.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Visualization.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have an MSc in Computer Science, and have already gained experience on the intersection of visualization and digital humanities.
- The minimum requirement is acquired experience in at least one of the following areas: Information Visualization, Human-computer Interaction, Interface Design, and Digital Humanities.
- Experience in interdisciplinary projects and writing scientific publications is a plus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online“. For more information, it is strongly recommended that you read How to apply before you apply.
- Supporting Documents: Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following: a research proposal/description of your approach to the above project, a letter stating your specific interest, motivation, and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages), detailed CV, including personal contact information, copies of diplomas, bachelor as well as master’s degree, including a transcript of notes/grades. In addition to this, applicants must also provide at least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: anc-at-sdu.dk mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students are required to meet the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
Eligible applicants will be employed in accordance with the agreement on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Please check the links for more information on salary and taxation.