The University of Jena is currently accepting applications for the PhD Positions in Neurobiology – Imaging for the academic session 2020-21.
Established in 1558, the University of Jena which is known as the Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena is a public research university located in Jena, Germany. It is counted among the ten oldest universities in Germany.
Why at the University of Jena? At Jena, excellent support and student services facilitate a successful, enjoyable study period for the students. Here, you will enhance your core values and professional skills.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Jena
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Up to 65% of postdoc salary
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open across Germany.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Neurobiology / Imaging
- Eligibility Criteria: For being considered,
- Applicants should have a Master degree in a suitable field of science, such as Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Life Science, Molecular Medicine, and solid theoretical and practical knowledge of and interests in cell/neurobiology and fluorescence microscopy as well as in quantitative image analyses.
- Candidates need to be distinguished by a high motivation to succeed in science and by being kind, efficient and reliable team-players.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For grasping the opportunity, applicants have to download the application form and submit it to Dr Maryam Izadi Khaleghabadi Institute of Biochemistry I, Jena University Hospital-Friedrich Schiller University Jena Nonnenplan 2-4, D-07743 Jena, Germany or [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Must attach a CV, respective proofs of performances, a list of publications and honours (if any) and the names and addresses of 2 to 3 scientists, who will be able to provide letters of recommendations on your behalf.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must hold a previous degree certificate with excellent academic achievement.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants must be proficient in written and spoken the English language.
The Friedrich Schiller University of Jena will provide the 50% of postdoc salary for 1st year and then 65% for up to three years.