To empower students to pursue a PhD degree programme in Norway, VID Specialized University is actively offering PhD Research Fellowships in Health and Diaconia for the academic year 2022-2023.
The research fellowship position aims to achieve a PhD degree after completing research training at one of the University’s PhD programmes. An earned PhD degree is relevant for positions within and outside academia. The stipulated length of the PhD position is three years.
Great offer for applicants in the Norway.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1843, the VID Specialized University is a Norwegian accredited, private, non-profit higher education and research institution. VID Specialized University is Norway’s second-largest private college, with 4,500 students and 450 employees. It offers approximately 50 study programmes at bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD levels, and its objective is to develop as a national institution through regional cooperation.
Why study at the VID Specialized University? It is well-known for its high professional standards and student satisfaction. The college emphasizes internationalization, and approximately half of the bachelor’s students spend a shorter or longer period abroad during their studies.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by August 15th, 2022.
- University or Organization: VID Specialized University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: NOK 491,200
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD Research in Abrahamic religions, Atheism and humanism, Comparative religion, Health science offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Grades on the master’s thesis and relevant average rates on the master’s program must correspond to a B or better to be considered.
- Ability to work targeted and independently
- Experience with relevant research and development work
- Knowledge in appropriate fields of practice
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to carry out and complete major tasks
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible, applicants must complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a CV, diplomas, transcripts, diploma supplements, and project descriptions minimum of 3,000 words and up to 4500 words. If you have documents that cannot be sent electronically, please contact HR at [email protected].
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must require to master’s degree (120 ECTS) in the science of Diakonia, health studies, social studies, or field of study relevant to the call.
- Language Requirement: Students must have written and oral presentation skills in English.
- The university will provide the salary grade 54 (NOK 491 200). Membership in the State Pension Plan, accident-and group-life insurance scheme is required. The salary will be adjusted yearly according to the collective agreement.
- Opportunities for academic development with highly qualified and committed colleagues
- A value-based and church-based specialized university with high academic teaching and research ambitions relevant to society and the church
- Membership in the State Pension Plan with practical loan-and pension terms VID conforms to the main agreement between the Enterprise Federation of Norway (VIRKE) and Employees Unions.
- The position is placed in code 1017 Stipendiat of the Basic Collective Agreement, salary table 20, alternative 10, salary grade 54 (NOK 491 200). Membership in the State Pension Plan, accident-and group-life insurance scheme is required. The salary will be adjusted yearly according to the collective agreement.