To provide scholarship support for international trainees, the International Health and Membership Committees of the American Thoracic Society (ATS) are pleased to announce the availability of the ATS International Trainee Scholarships (ITS) for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship will be awarded to students attending the ATS International Conference at the American Thoracic Society. The scholarship will likely cover the expense of attending the conference at ATS. Applicants from outside USA and Canada that are trainees at the moment will be eligible.
A fine programme for applicants in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1905 as the American Sanatorium Association and changed its name in 1938 to the American Trudeau Society, The American Thoracic Society is a non-profit organization focused on improving care for pulmonary diseases, critical illnesses and sleep-related breathing disorders.
American Thoracic Society is focused on leading scientific discoveries, advancing professional development, impacting global health, and transforming patient care. The member focus of the society includes developing clinical practice guidelines, hosting the annual International Conference, publishing four peer-reviewed journals advocating for improved respiratory health globally, and developing an array of patient education and career development resources.
Application Deadline: The applications are open. Students must apply as soon as possible.
- University or Organization: American Thoracic Society
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Short programme
- Award: Education fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for the ATS International Conference.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicant is not a citizen of the United States or Canada.
- The applicant is the author of an abstract accepted for presentation at the International Conference.
- The applicant’s work within the abstract was completed at an institution outside the United States or Canada.
- The applicant is currently a trainee at a program outside the United States or Canada.
- Applicants must attend the ATS International Conference and present their abstract at the International Scholars Poster Colloquium.
- The applicant may submit a scientific abstract or a case report (late-breaking abstracts will not be considered).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for the International Conference on the ATS portal. All applicants will be evaluated accordingly.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit necessary documents such as academic transcripts, resumes, etc.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the trainee criteria to join the programme.
- Language Requirement: The students must comply with the language in which the programme or conference is conducted, i.e. English.
The applicants who the American Thoracic Society will successfully select will be awarded the International Trainee Scholarship.