Vanderbilt University is delighted to offer its VIDA International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Gravitational-Wave Astrophysics. Candidates who want to conduct original research in theoretical, computational, or observational astrophysics and generate high-quality publications can apply for the academic year 2022-2023.
This postdoctoral position is open to application from all interested and eligible international and home country national students. The candidates must possess a PhD degree in physics, astronomy, or equivalent to be eligible for the position.
Great offer for international students to complete their Postdoctoral study in the USA
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1873 in Nashville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt University is a private research university ranking 13thout of 443 National Universities. Being dedicated to supporting one another within its community, the university has made a lifelong commitment to channeling service, knowledge, and experience toward the betterment of humanity.
Why choose to study at Vanderbilt University? Vanderbilt University is top-ranked in both academics and financial aid with immersive residential undergraduate experience, with programs in the liberal arts and sciences, engineering, music, education, and human development. The university has graduated students who are Nobel Prize winners, members of Congress, governors, ambassadors, judges, admirals, CEOs, university presidents, physicians, attorneys, and professional sports figures.
Application Deadline: Applications can be submitted latest by 11.59pm Central US Time on December 7th, 2022.
- University or Organization: Vanderbilt University
- Department: Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Employment
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All interested American and foreign students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The candidates can apply for the postdoctoral position in Data-Intensive Astrophysics (VIDA) at Vanderbilt University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have the required academic qualification, i.e., a PhD degree in the necessary field.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students who want to apply for the fellowship must sent all the supporting documents directly to [email protected]with the subject line “VIDA Fellow 2022, LASTNAME FIRSTNAME”. All applications received will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A cover letter stating the applicant’s overall goals, motivation for applying, and how their research aligns with the position (1 page; LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Cover.pdf)
- A curriculum vitae including a list of publications and talks. (LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_CV.pdf)
- A description of research accomplishments and future plans (3-page limit, 1-inch margins, 12 pt font; LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Research.pdf)
- Names and contact details of three professional references (LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_References.pdf)
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent directly to [email protected] with the subject line “VIDA Fellow 2022: reference letter for LASTNAME FIRSTNAME”.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Ph.D. in physics, astronomy, or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- IELTS – 7.0
- PTE – 70
- Duolingo – 130
Vanderbilt University will award the selected candidates this postdoctoral fellowship and provide them the opportunity to participate in the following efforts of VIDA and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer:
- Fisk-Vanderbilt Bridge Program
- NSF Research Traineeship Programs, EMIT (Establishing Multi-messenger astronomy Inclusive Training)
- NISE (Neurodiversity Inspired Science & Engineering)