The Institute for Science Education and Communication is inviting applications for PhD award in Science Education. The student will be enrolled in the PhD programme and receive a scholarship of € 2,099 per month (gross) from the University of Groningen for a period of four years.
The PhD degree in science education offers candidates opportunities to undertake in-depth explorations of current research and theory in science teaching and learning across the spectrum of formal and informal education.
User Review( votes)
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
- Applications Deadline: July 5, 2018
- Course Level: award is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: award is awarded in the field of Science Education.
- Scholarship Award: The PhD student will be enrolled in the PhD programme and receive a scholarship of € 2,099 per month (gross) from the University of Groningen for a period of four years.
- Nationality: this application is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: this application is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Educational background and a recently completed master’s degree in any of the following fields:
- Educational Sciences, Science education, Natural sciences, Science communication, or a related field
- competence in research methods in the social sciences either quantitative or qualitative
- proven excellent oral and written English skills
- excellent communication and collaboration skills
- eagerness to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- Dutch proficiency is not a requirement but it will be considered as an advantage.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have proven excellent oral and written English skills. Dutch proficiency is not a requirement but it will be considered as an advantage.
How to Apply: You may apply for this position until 5 July 23.59h / before 6 July 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
The submission should contain the following:
- Cover letter, curriculum vitae
2. A proposed research plan
3. The contact information of two academic referees.
Review of complete applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.