Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering located at Texas A&M University-Kingsville is accepting applications for PhD scholarship open to the US and international students. The program is available for Sustainable Energy Systems Engineering (SESE) within the Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering.
The program provides students with opportunities to participate in the intricate and interdisciplinary engineering and science research topics in energy-related fields and enables students of exceptional ability to undertake cutting-edge research in energy-related topics.
Excellent PhD Scholarship at Texas A&M University.
User Review( votes)
The PhD program in Sustainable Energy Systems Engineering within the Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering at Texas A&M University-Kingsville is a multidisciplinary program that integrates various fields of Engineering and Science.
- To qualify as a PhD student, an applicant must have a master’s level degree from an ABET accredited (or similar) university.
- These are available for Sustainable Energy Systems Engineering (SESE) within the Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering.
- The position requires sound verbal and written communication skills in English. Familiarity with renewable energy and energy storage technologies such as thesis, publications or industry experience in these areas is a big plus.
- US and international students can apply for this program.
- The PhD program includes a total of 63 Semester Credit Hours (SCH) beyond the master’s degree. This will include 12 SCH required courses, 15-18 SCH elective courses, 27-30 SCH of research in sustainable energy systems engineering dedicating to student’s dissertation work and 6 SCH of a graduate seminar.
- Students must also pass the qualifying examination, be admitted to candidacy and must successfully defend a doctoral dissertation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must complete and submit the online application.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the CV, statement of purpose (max 2 pages, summarize their experience in the energy storage/renewable energy areas, discuss the projects they would like to pursue and clearly explain why they are interested in working on that project), undergrad & grad transcripts, GRE & TOEFL scores.
- Admission Requirements: Students with a background in Mechanical, Materials, Chemical, and Electrical Engineering or similar are encouraged to apply. Applicants must also have GRE Verbal Score 400 (Score on the Prior GRE Scale) or 146 (Score on the Current GRE Scale).
- Language Requirement: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 79 (Internet-based) or 550(Paper-based) is the university minimum requirement for all Graduate students. All international students are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS unless they qualify for a waiver.
Awards are available for qualified candidates.
Application Deadline: Closed