Ferrier Research Institute has collaborated with Victoria University of Wellington to offer PhD Positionsfor worldwide students in New Zealand.
International students who wish to undertake PhD degree in the field of organic chemistry at Victoria University of Wellington are eligible to apply for this grant.
Wonderful chance for students to get benefitted in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
Originally named Victoria College, Victoria University of Wellington, is a research institute that chases research strengths and the distinctive advantages and opportunities that it provides to deliver transformative outcomes. It ranked #223 in the World University Ranking, QS 2021.
Why should you study at Victoria University of Wellington? Victoria University of Wellington offers its students the opportunity to benefit from university connections to industries, government and research organisations strategically located in the capital. It hosts students from across many international countries, that are passionate about their subjects and enhances the student experience at Victoria by utilising their knowledge and skills in an interactive and engaging way.
Application Deadline: 1st July 2021
- University or Organization: Victoria University of Wellington
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $27,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in a new class of anti-tuberculosis drugs: Design and synthesis of MetX inhibitors
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be successful applicant has a background in organic chemistry.
- The applicants must hold a BSc (Hons), MSc or equivalent degree in chemistry with a focus on organic chemistry.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants can apply online through the university‡s official portal to enrol themselves with the university. Apply to Postgraduate Coordinator Dr Alison Daines [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents at the time of seeking admission:
- All degree certificates and transcripts (undergraduate AND postgraduate MSc—officially translated into English where necessary)
- A detailed CV
- Details of 2 academic referees
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must fulfil all entry requirements of the university to secure admission.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain average scores in either of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 90 on the internet-based test with a minimum of 20 in writing
- IELTS – 6.5 overall and no sub-score below 6
- PTE – 58 with a communicative score of not less than 50
The grant will cover the full tuition fee of the selected applicants and will also provide a stipend of $27,500 per annum for the duration of the study.