Are you curious about developing an inexpensive device to test the ABO blood type of blood units? Then, you should check out the PhD Scholarships in Lab on Bag: Bioengineering a Device for Blood Diagnostics offered at Macquarie University for the academic year 2022-2023.
Australian national students alone that demonstrate academic achievement in the fields of biomedical engineering or Diagnostics and Biotechnology are eligible to win this scholarship. Students must have relevant academic qualifications will be considered automatically. A Tuition Fee Offset and a Living Allowance Stipend worth $28,854 will be awarded to the selected candidates.
This scholarship will provide $28,854 per annum to assist students gain PhD degree at the university.
User Review( votes)
Ranked 195th in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education, Macquarie University is a public research university. It has achieved an overall score of 4.5 stars and aims to serve and engage the students and staff through transformative learning and life experiences.
Why choose to study at Macquarie University? Macquarie University is an institute that provides first-class facilities, highly skilled graduates, and excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching. It is globally recognized as one of Australia’s leading research universities and prepares students for the future, and encourages and supports them to develop practical skills to get better career opportunities.
Application Deadline: Applications for PhD programmes at Macquarie University can be made anytime. Students are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,854
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD study programme at Macquarie University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must demonstrate academic achievement in the field(s) of biomedical engineering, Diagnostics, and Biotechnology.
- The applicants must have completed the equivalent of Macquarie University’s Master of Research (MRes) degree, MPhil, or other 2-year Master’s degree with a significant research component.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All interested applicants must make an admission application on the university portal. Then, to apply for the scholarship, they must login here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- Grading scale
- Passport copy
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to hold an MRes with a grade of at least 75%, a master of philosophy, or a two-year master’s degree with a significant research component at distinction level.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL-iBT – 83
- PTE Academic – 58
- Duolingo – 115
- C1A – 180
- C2P – 180
Macquarie University will provide the selected candidates a scholarship comprised of a Tuition Fee Offset and a Living Allowance Stipend of $28,854 per annum.