The Erasmus University Rotterdam is looking for an individual interested in researching the online and offline presence of mis- and disinformation to apply for the PhD Scholarships in Combatting Mis- and DIsinformation in the Covid Pandemic project. Applications can be made for the academic year 2022-2023.
The applicants must have a degree in communication science or a related discipline such as political science or sociology to qualify for this position. The selected candidates will be provided great benefits such as a holiday allowance, paid leave scheme, and their full-time monthly salary.
Worthy opportunity for applicants in Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Erasmus University Rotterdam is a highly ranked international research university in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The university proudly stands at the 68th position in Best Global Universities for its high quality and positive societal impact of its research and education.
Why choose to study at the Erasmus University Rotterdam? Erasmus University Rotterdam aims to make a positive impact on societal challenges. The university strives to understand and progress towards solving complex societal challenges, aligning its core education and research activities and cooperating closely with local and global partners.
Application Deadline: All applications by interested candidates must be submitted by 24th August 2022.
- University or Organization: Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary and other benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: All international and home country national candidates can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for a PhD position or the research project ‘Combating mis- and disinformation in the Covid pandemic’ at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- An interest in mis- and disinformation and its potential effects.
- A quantitative empirical research focus and knowledge of, or the willingness to learn, specific quantitative skills, including (but not limited to) (automated) content analysis and experimental research.
- Proven proficiency in statistical software such as Stata.
- A scientific mindset, inquisitive personality, enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team, and the capacity to work independently.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates must go on the university portal to apply for admission. Applications for the PhD position on this project can be made at the bottom of this page.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a completed MSc degree in Communication Science or a related discipline such as Political Science or Sociology. Candidates currently finalizing their Master’s are also invited to apply, with the condition that the diploma must be completed by the time the project starts.
- Language Requirement: The applying candidates must have excellent English language proficiency. Fluency in the Dutch language will come as a decisive advantage.
The selected candidates will be based at faculty ESSB, department of public administration and sociology in Woudestein, with a minimum of €2,541 to a maximum of €3,247 gross per month on a full-time basis and an additional 8% holiday allowance, an end-of-year payment of 8.3%, and a very generous paid leave scheme.