The University of New South Wales is inviting students with an academic career in Acoustics focused on architectural acoustics and noise control in buildings and community noise to apply for the Anita B. Lawrence PhD Scholarships in Acoustics for the academic year 2022-2023.
Both new and existing students, international and domestic, and part-time and full-time students are eligible to apply for this scholarship if they are enrolled in an accredited higher degree research course at UNSW. Selection will be made on academic merit and interest in the research subject. The selected candidates will be awarded $30,000 per annum and a research allowance of $5,000 per annum.
Great opportunity for students to study at UNSW in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of New South Wales, also known as UNSW Sydney, is a public research university based in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It is currently ranked within the top 50 world rankings and 44th in the 2021 QS Global University Rankings. It is one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities striving to improve and transform lives through excellence in research.
Why study at the University of New South Wales? University of New South Wales is strongly committed to advancing a just society and aspires to be Australia’s global university by imparting outstanding education. It is driven by the pursuit of excellence in research and education.
Application Deadline: The application process for this scholarship is open. However, students are requested to observe program-specific application deadlines, if any.
- University or Organization: University of New South Wales
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $30,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Students from all countries, including Australia, are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can apply for any desired higher degree by research programme at UNSW.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The candidate must enroll or enroll in an accredited higher degree research course at UNSW.
- The scholarship is available to both new and existing candidates.
- The scholarship is available to full-time and part-time candidates.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications can be made on the online portal of the university. The applications for this scholarship can be made via mail containing the below-mentioned supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line Anita B. Lawrence PhD Scholarship in Acoustics. You will also be required to submit an Expression of Interest for admission to the PhD at UNSW Faculty of Arts, Design, and Architecture.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Your CV and copy of your academic transcript
- Names of two academic referees
- One sample of written work appropriate for an academic audience (e.g., undergraduate dissertation, peer-reviewed journal article, etc.)
- A “Statement of Purpose” outlining your reasons for applying, how you meet the eligibility criteria, and your longer-term goals (max. 1-2 pages)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have honors, master’s, or equivalent degrees in a relevant field of study.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- TOEFL PBT – 577
- PTE – 64
- C1 – 176
- C2 – 180
The University of New South Wales will award the selected candidates a stipend for general living costs at $30,000 per annum and a research allowance of $5,000 per annum for up to 3.5 years of study.