ETH Zurich is pleased to announce the PhD Student Position in Experimental Fluid Dynamics for International Students. The programme is open for session 2020/21.
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specializing in science and technology. The ETH Zurich Foundation is like a bridge among the ETH Zurich and companies, foundations, organizations, and private individuals.
Great opportunity for international students to complete their PhD degree in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
Why study at ETH Zurich? While studying at this university, students will develop experimental techniques to observe and characterise high-speed multiphase fluid phenomena optically and acoustically. This Foundation specifically aims to support ETH Zurich in acquiring its objectives in education and research.
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted until the position is filled
- University: ETH Zurich
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Experimental Fluid Dynamics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must have a Masters degree in mechanical or aeronautical engineering, physics, or in a related field.
- You should be curiosity-driven, creative, open-minded and independent, and have good communication skills, fluency in English and the willingness to fully commit yourself as a part of an international team.
- You should also have strong interests in experimental fluid mechanics, multi-phase flows, acoustics, and similar. Experience in experimental research is an advantage, but not necessary.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the grant, candidates are requested to submit their applications electronically using the dedicated online application system.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit a motivation letter (1-2 pages) explaining your interests, your CV, diploma transcripts (BSc/MSc) from which the grades are evident, and the names and addresses (including email) of three references.
- Admission Requirements: If you are going to submit your application for this free study, you are requested to go through the link for checking the admission.
- Language Requirement: As this grant is available for the international students so candidates must have expertise in the English language being applied for this education.
Benefits: The university will provide the salary for the successful candidates to complete their PhD degree in Switzerland.