Lodz University of Technology is inviting applications for available PhD student positions within the Division of Dynamics. Positions are available for a research project i.e. “Synchronization of Mechanical Systems Coupled through Elastic Structure”.
Maximum period of stipend agreement is 4 months. Stipend’s amount is 3000 PLN. Additionally 500 PLN will also be given to cover the pension insurance.
User Review( votes)
Study Subject(s): Positions are available for a research project i.e. “Synchronization of Mechanical Systems Coupled through Elastic Structure”. The project is focused on the following issues:
– Identification of possible synchronous responses of coupled oscillators, and the existence of synchronous clusters as well
– Dynamical analysis of identical coupled systems suspended on the elastic structure in the context of the energy transfer between systems
– Investigation of phase or frequency synchronization effects in groups of coupled non-identical systems
– Developing methods of motion stability control of considered systems
– Investigation of time-delay effects in analyzed systems.
– Developing the idea of energy extraction from ocean waves using a series of rotating pendulums.
Course Level: Positions are open for PhD student for a research programme within the Division of Dynamics, Lodz University of Technology.
Scholarship Provider: Lodz University of Technology
Scholarship can be taken at: Poland
–MSc in Mechanics / Mechanical Engineering / Physics/ Mathematics / Electronics
-Fluent in English
-Knowledge of one programming language: C/C++/Turbo Pascal/Delphi
Scholarship Open for International Students: Students of Poland are eligible for these positions.
Scholarship Description: Division of Dynamics, Lodz University of Technology has two open positions for PhD students in project “Synchronization of Mechanical Systems Coupled through Elastic Structure”.
Number of award(s): Two positions are available.
Duration of award(s): Maximum period of stipend agreement is 4 months.
What does it cover? Stipend’s amount is 3000 PLN. Additionally 500 PLN for covering the pension insurance will also be included (in case when candidate is unemployed).
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted to team.Kapitaniak-at-gmail.com. The following documents are required:
-Averaged mark of Master study and mark from Master thesis defense
-List of publication and / or conference communications
-Abstract of MSc Thesis
Scholarship Application Deadline: Closed