The Uppsala University is offering one PhD Student Visiting Scholarship at the Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES). Scholarships are open to PhD students based in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
The scholarship offers a fully funded one-month research visit at IRES, including a stipend of 10 000 SEK and reimbursements for travel and accommodation costs.
User Review( votes)
The IRES is Uppsala University’s centre of excellence in the post-Soviet sphere. Here, world-leading research is conducted in an open and dynamic environment that is truly cross-disciplinary and international.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for a one-month research visit at IRES.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES).
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship offers a fully funded one-month research visit at IRES, including a stipend of 10 000 SEK and reimbursements for travel and accommodation costs. Full access to IRES premises and Uppsala University library resources are provided throughout the research period. While advancing his/her doctoral project, the selected PhD student will be introduced to and integrated with the IRES network of scholars, in Uppsala and beyond. The research visit shall take place during the fall semester of 2018.
- Number of Scholarships: There is only one scholarship available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from around the world are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The Selection Committee encourages applications from highly qualified and motivated PhD students that have as a minimum entered their second year of studies. The applicant’s research topic must be clearly defined and relate to the research conducted at IRES. Applicants shall be admitted to and based at an institution of higher education in either one of the following countries: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia. In processing the applications, Committee Members will consider the applicant’s academic background, scholarly achievements as well as the quality and relevance of his/her doctoral project to the IRES environment.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Applicants are to provide the Selection Committee with a brief cover letter, CV, and a brief description of their doctoral projects (no more than four pages in total). The cover letter is to explain the ways in which the applicant’s doctoral project fits the IRES research program. Moreover, the letter should also provide information on how a research visit at IRES would benefit the applicant’s doctoral project, including a short description of planned activities to be carried out during the visit. Preliminary dates for the research visit are also to be included (four-five weeks within the period of September through mid-December 2018). The exact time period will be agreed upon with the successful applicant.
How to Apply:
Please email your application to IRES International Coordinator Stella Marceta.