Pursue your PhD degree at the University of Nottingham by applying for the PhD studentships and become a part of the team of expert researchers. UK nationals with a computer science background are invited to apply for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grant is available for talented candidates who want to pursue PhD degree in Applications of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/Augmented Reality Technologies. It will give the students a stipend and tuition fees for up to 3.5 years of study.
With proven outstanding education and research and being ranked 84th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018, the University of Nottingham is a public research university that strives to improve the well-being of people by imparting education.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Nottingham? The University of Nottingham is known to have a faculty that constantly delivers outstanding teaching and learning outcomes and renders their undisturbed attention to each student. Students receive high-quality teaching at Nottingham and attain the highest level of satisfaction delivered solely through teaching and academic support.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: Computer Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition Fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: The applicants are required to be nationals of the UK and must be residing there too.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree courses and subjects in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Augmented Reality Technologies to Macular Disease are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree.
- The applicants must be home tuition fee-paying student at Nottingham.
- The applicants must be enrolled in the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must enrol themselves in the university using the online application portal and completing the application process.
- The applicants must submit the below-mentioned documents via mail at [email protected] to apply for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A copy of your CV
- An example of your technical writing
- Contact details for two academic referees
- A research proposal – max 2 x sides A4
- A covering letter
- Admission Requirements: The candidate must have a 2:1 Bachelor or Masters degree or international equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline to be accepted in a PhD programme in Computer Science at Nottingham.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to have the below-specified scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0 to 6.5
- PTE – 55 to 68
- TOEFL IBT – 79 to 100
- CAE – 169 to 190
The University of Nottingham will cover the tuition fees of the PhD programme and will also provide a stipend of £15,609 per year for 3.4 years.