The University of Sussex has established the PhD Studentships in the Development of Haptic Interfaces for Medical Robotics in the United Kingdom for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scope of the project is the development of mechatronics tools to attach to robotics arms for medical robotics to enhance the haptic experience of the users.
Golden opportunity for international students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sussex is a public research university located in Falmer, East Sussex, England; it is mostly within the city boundaries of Brighton and Hove but spills into the Lewes District in its eastern fringe. It employs the best teachers and experts to guide pupils in the most effective manner possible. More than a third of its students are enrolled in postgraduate programs, and approximately one-third of the staff is from outside the United Kingdom.
Why study at the University of Sussex? The University of Sussex allows you to change the world. Known primarily for its world-leading research, the University is home to 17,000 students who study over 500 different undergraduates, postgraduate and foundation courses. At Sussex, students learn from some of the best university teachers and researchers in the UK, who work at the forefront of their fields.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 31st October 2022
- University or Organization: University of Sussex
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £16,062
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Home, EU and Overseas are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate Research in the development of haptic interfaces for medical robotics offered by the University
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The stipend is available at Home, Eu and Overseas.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, applicants must have to take admission in the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit the following documents when you apply:
- Research proposal/research statement
- Summary of academic interests (this is optional depending on the subject area you are applying for)
- Degree certificates and transcripts. If the originals are not in English, certified translations must be provided
- Two academic references
- Admission Requirements: Students must meet our general entry requirements, usually an upper second-class undergraduate honors degree (2:1) or equivalent international qualification.
- Language Requirement: If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that you meet the University’s English language requirements for the degree you have applied for.
The University will provide a tax-free stipend at a standard rate of £16,062 per year for 3.5 years and a research training grant of £2,000 for the 3.5-year duration. In addition, your fees will be waived for 3.5 years up to the overseas rate.