Newcastle University is seeking highly motivated students to apply for the PhD studentships in Observational Astrophysics and Cosmology in the UK.
Helpful option to get a PhD with a free-living allowance and tuition fee in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1871, the Newcastle University has more than 28,000 students from 140 countries worldwide to learn and get career-ready.
Why at Newcastle University? The university provides a world-class reputation for research excellence. Here students can access academic as well as research skills.
Application Deadline: January 7, 2020
- University: Newcastle University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: UK/EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU students can apply for the grant
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD support will be awarded in Observational Astrophysics and Cosmology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- This studentship is available to home and EU candidates who have/expect a first-class or high 2:1 honours degree in physics, astronomy or a closely related discipline such as for example computer science, statistics, or data science.
- Enthusiasm for research, and the ability to think and work independently, excellent analytical skills and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential requirements. Some basic experience of programming is desirable.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: You can get this education award, needed to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the university. After being accepted, seekers can email their research proposal and personal statement to the Postgraduate Administrator [email protected]
- Supporting Documents:
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants are required to have extra requirements such as work experience or a portfolio, A/as levels, Scottish qualifications, international baccalaureate, Irish leaving certificate, access qualifications, BTEC qualifications and Cambridge Pre-U.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English require a minimum of IELTS 6.5. International applicants may require an ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance certificate prior to obtaining their visa and to study on this programme.
The studentship will provide Full UK/EU fees and an annual living allowance of £15,009 (2019/20 UKRI rate)