About the Competition:
The apostle of peace, Mahatma Gandhi has been inspiring photographers across the world to capture photographs based on his life and message. The upcoming 150th birth anniversary of Gandhi to be celebrated is a great occasion to further explore the philosophy and ideals of the Mahatma through photographs. To encourage photographers, a competition to capture photographs on thoughts, message, and relevance of Mahatma Gandhi is being instituted. A selection committee comprising of experts will be constituted to finalize the winners of photographs. The winning entries would be given certificates.
- 1st Prize: Rs 15,000.00
- 2nd Prize: Rs 10,000.00
- 3rd Prize: Rs 5,000.00
Terms and Conditions:
- The contest is open to all Indians residing in India and starts on 22 May, 2018 from 1200 hrs up to 15 June, 2018 till 1700 hrs.
- You can participate in the contest by registering on the MyGov platform and uploading photographs on the creative corner.
- Participant is to make sure that his/her MyGov Profile is accurate and updated since Ministry would be using this for further communication. This includes details such as name, e-mail id, photo and mobile number. Entries with incomplete profiles would not
- Entries missing these details would not be considered.
- No limit on number of entries.
- Selected photographs will be displayed in national level exhibitions.
- The Committee of experts will decide on the winners.
- The decision of the experts will be final.
User Review( votes)
Photography Competition to mark 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi Technical requirements:
- Minimum resolution of the image should be 300 dpi and the minimum data size of the image(s) should be 2 MB.
- Further, no watermark or logo should be present on the image. Entries can be captured using any digital device, including smartphones. Photographs should be submitted in jpg or jpeg file format.
- Both color and monochrome images will be accepted.
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of the photographs submitted and the photographs should not have been previously published in any print and digital media.
- The entry must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
Last date of submission is June 15, 2018, 05:00 PM