The foundation for Polish Science and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) are pleased to announce the availability of Polish American Scientific Plus Award. The award is open to all active members of the Polish and American scientific community holding a doctoral degree.
The aim of the PLUS Award is to underscore and strengthen scientific cooperation between scientists working in both Poland and the United States.
User Review( votes)
The Foundation for Polish Science and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the world’s largest multidisciplinary scientific society.
Course Level: The award is available for scientists.
Study Subject: The award is available in all areas of science, excluding the arts.
Award: The award will cover the following:
- Awardees each receive $5,000 as recognition for their achievements.
Number of Awards: Not known
The award can be taken in USA and Poland
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants for the Award must be nominated, and an active member of the Polish or American scientific communities may nominate a pair of candidates. Self-nominations are also accepted. The scope of the PLUS Award covers all areas of science, excluding the arts.
Nationality: Polish and US applicants are eligible for the award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a doctoral degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Acknowledgement by a nominator of the joint scientific achievement made by the two candidates in the sense of the award
- The document should include a concise description of one specific achievement and commentary concerning the impact of this achievement on the resolution of a societal or scientific problem.
- Curricula vitae of both scientists and a list of publications relevant to the joint achievement
- One letter of support for the couple of nominees (in case of self-nominations – two)
- The letter of support should be issued by a third party – neither a nominator nor the nominees.
- It should contain informative comment on the quality of the achievement reported as the basis of the nomination.
- In the case of self-nomination please provide two such letters by noninvolved experts.
- NB: FNP or AAAS may contact the nominators to ask for additional information or documents.
- Nominations shall be submitted in English only in electronic version by the closing date to one of the following addresses:
- Hend Ghobrial, American Association for the Advancement of Science, diplomacy-at-aaas.org.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 31, 2017.