The Institute for the Dynamics of Complex Systems at the Georg-August University Göttingen is inviting excellent candidates to apply for the Postdoctoral Positions in Theoretical Physics and Biophysics.
The scholarship programme is exclusively available to new students who want to start their postdoctoral research project at the Georg-August University for the academic year 2022-2023.
The University of Göttingen is an internationally renowned research university. Hurry up! Apply for its Postdoctoral Position in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1734, the University of Gottingen is the oldest university in the state of Lower Saxony and the largest in student enrollment, which stands at around 31,600. It is committed to the values of social responsibility of science, democracy, tolerance and justice.
Why choose to study at the University of Göttingen? The University has several certificates on offer that deepen and sharpen different job-related skills. Bachelor students benefit from access to cutting-edge research; master’s and PhD students benefit from the superb networking opportunities with excellent local research institutions.
Application Deadline: Applications for this scholarship programme can be submitted by July 31, 2022.
- University or Organization: The University of Göttingen
- Department: Institute for the Dynamics of Complex Systems
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Awards: (13 TV-L, 39,8 hrs/week) for two years
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from Germany are eligible to apply.
- Study Subject: Postdoctoral degree in the field of Theoretical Biophysics.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates are expected to have completed a Master’s degree and hold a PhD degree in Physics or a related field. They should have a strong interest in developing and applying theoretical approaches to biological problems, using both analytical and computational methods, and a strong background in statistical physics, theoretical biophysics or a related area.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for the award, applicants must take part in a postdoctoral degree at the university. After that, candidates must send their applications to Prof. Stefan Klumpp, Institute for the Dynamics of Complex Systems, Friedrich-Hund-Platz 1, 37077 Göttingen, [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The following documents are required to be uploaded with the application:
- Candidate curriculum vitae
- Academic and professional certificates
- Academic transcripts
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have very good communication skills in English are required; knowledge of German is a plus but not necessary.
The University of Göttingen will provide a salary group of 13 TV-L, 39,8 hrs/week) in the research area of theoretical biophysics. The position will start as soon as possible and is limited to 2 years, with the option of extension for one additional year.