The University of Bergen is now offering Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Molecular Biology for the academic session 2021/2022.
This award aims to attract outstanding candidates who want to pursue the postdoctoral degree coursework at the university.
Founded in 1946, the University of Bergen is Norway’s urban university, with most of its premises concentrated in two areas. The university currently has about 17,000 students and is one of Norway’s top ten universities.
Why would you like to study at the University of Bergen? Studying at this university, you will improve your career possibilities, both at home and abroad. It provides extraordinary education and teaching quality to all international students.
Application Deadline: March 22, 2021
- University: University of Bergen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic students
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: Norway
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in Molecular Biology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within molecular biology or a related field. PhD-students may apply if the defense of the PhD-thesis is completed by July 1st. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded.
- Experience from high-throughput sequencing is an advantage and in particular, nanopore sequencing. Also, experience with RNA biology in general is an advantage.
- Applicants must be able to work independently and in a structured manner and have the ability to cooperate with others.
- Applicants must have excellent skills in oral and written English.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this programme, students must take admission in an undergraduate degree programme at the university. After that, students can apply through an online portal.
- Supporting Documents: You submit all the required documents in the following manner:
- A brief account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- The names and contact information for the two referees. One of these should be the main advisor from the PhD programme.
- Transcripts and diplomas. If you have not yet completed your PhD degree, please submit a statement from your institution confirming the expected date of award of your degree. Your PhD degree must be documented with transcripts and diploma, alternatively a confirmation from your institution on completed degree, by 01.07.2021
- Relevant certificates/references
- List of any works of a scientific nature (publication list)
- Publications (as applicable)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
The University of Bergen will provide study expenses in the following manner:
- Good welfare benefits
- A good and professionally stimulating working environment
- Salary at pay grade 60 (code 1352 / pay range 24, alternative 4) according to the state salary scale upon appointment. This constitutes a gross annual salary of NOK 535 200. Further promotions are made according to the length of service. For particularly highly qualified applicants, a higher salary may be considered.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund